We found this recipe on Pillsbury.com, tried it ourselves and had to share it on our own site – it’s truly delicious!
Pillsbury crescent rolls. Kids love them, moms hate them and they’re everyone’s guilty pleasure. We’re betting that our readers all have fond memories growing up of peeling back that cardboard outer shell, rolling up that dough and enjoying fresh, buttery croissants 15 minutes later. You probably haven’t done that in years, right?
Well, you’re in luck. This easy and delicious recipe takes your standard croissant roll and builds on it by adding gooey, buttery goodness to the formula. Try these apple pie croissants tonight!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Calorie Count: 190 (Source: Pillsbury)
- 1 green apple
- Half a stick of butter
- Crushed pecans
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 package crescent rolls
- Apple pie spice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and cover a medium sized baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Open crescent rolls package and spread triangles across the baking sheet.
- Microwave half a stick of butter for 30-60 seconds until melted.
- Cut a green apple into sunset-shaped slices, leaving the skin on. If you don’t like the skin, feel free to peel it off. Place apples in the bowl of melted butter.
- Cover each crescent roll with a layer of brown sugar.
- Sprinkle shredded pecans over the brown sugar on each crescent roll.
- Drop 1-2 apple slices on the wide end of each crescent roll.
- If working with apple pie spice, sprinkle your desired amount on the crescent roll.
- Roll your crescents into a croissant shape and spread equally through the baking sheet.
- Brush or lightly pour the remaining melted butter evenly across the crescent rolls and sprinkle extra apple pie spice if desired. Before baking, your rolls should look something like the image to the right.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, let cool and enjoy these apple pie croissants tonight!