What’s the only thing that fits a stereotypical college diet better than mac and cheese? That’s right —baked buffalo mac and cheese! Unfortunately we can’t say this one is healthy, but it won’t break the bank and provides you with plenty of delicious leftovers.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 boxes elbow macaroni
- 1 packages, shredded cheese (something sharp – cheddar, swiss, etc.)
- 8 ounces of milk
- Buffalo sauce
- Bread crumbs
- 1/4 stick of Butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Begin cooking macaroni according to package directions. Cook until al dente (slightly harder than normal serving).
- In a medium-sized saucepan, warm milk over medium heat. Be careful not to burn the milk or you’ll ruin the pan.
- Add in butter and ¾ of your cheese into the saucepan, mixing and melting.
- Meanwhile, grease a large glass baking pan, and distribute cooked elbow macaroni evenly across the pan.
- Pour your new cheese sauce across pasta, mix to ensure proper distribution.
- Glaze buffalo sauce across macaroni, and spread any remaining cheese across the pan.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs evenly across the top of the macaroni.
- Bake in oven for approximately 20-25 minutes or until bread crumbs are golden brown.
- Allow to cool and serve with desired additional buffalo sauce.