If there is one thing that we’ve learned since starting this blog in 2011, its that college students love food they can make in a mug. Maybe it’s a dorm food thing, maybe it’s a convenience thing (what’s the difference now that I think about it). No matter the reason, I know this user submitted recipe from Bailey on Tumblr will go over well with your sweet tooth. Happy baking … errr … whatever you call it.
- 2 tbls. margarine or butter (You can use salted, but unsalted is best.)
- 2 tbls. water
- 1/4 tsp (or a dash if you’re lazy) of vanilla
- 1 pinch salt (omit if using salted butter/margarine)
- 4-5 tbls. granulated sugar
- 2 tbls. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4- 4.5 tbls. All-Purpose flour
- Mini marshmallows for topping (optional)
- Melt the butter in a 12 oz. coffee mug; Add vanilla and water; mix.
- Add in cocoa powder, salt, and sugar; mix until well blended with no lumps.
- Sprinkle on the flour and mix until smooth; Top with marshmallows.
- Alright, here’s where it gets fun. You get to choose if you want your brownie to be gooey or fudgey. Warning: brownie and mug will be extremely hot. Proceed with caution.
- Fudgey: nuke at 80-90 seconds on high
- Gooey: 60-70 seconds
(DDF Tip– Since this recipe contains no egg, you could just skip this step and just go right to eating the batter if you want– but where would the fun be in that…)