Ahh Chipotle. That mild/medium/hot salsa goodness with a tasty blend of chicken, beef, veggies, or barbacoa… Oh look at me, I’m rambling again. Sorry, but I can’t help it. I just love chipotle. Although eating at chipotle everyday for the rest of your life would get a bit pricy, you can make your own Mexican fiesta at home for a fraction of the price (if you know how to make it). We’ll get you started with some of their famous rice in this damn good copycat recipe. Use it as the base for your own burrito, a side for chicken, or a quick snack in the afternoon. Oh, and the best part? This one is HEALTHY!
- 1 cup extra long grain rice or basmati rice
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 3 tsp vegetable oil
- In a pot, mix rice, water, 1tsp of oil and salt.
- Boil on high until a majority of the water evaporates. (Start work on step 5 while waiting for all the boiling to take place)
- When water is just at the top of the rice, reduce heat to low and cover it for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, but keep it covered for another five minutes.
- In a bowl, toss together the cilantro, lime juice, remaining oil, and toss until the rice has completely mixed with the rest of the ingredients.