When finding recipes for college students, there are a few trademarks you should look for. First, the directions have to be simple. But more importantly, the ingredients can’t be too complicated. As one of the easiest, most versatile college foods, pasta ranks fairly high on my grocery list. With this recipe, you can have a rich, filling meal, without the hassle. Not to mention the fact that if you kept each ingredient in your house from week to week, you could make a number of basic meals each day. Don’t be afraid of making the creamy sauce, its easier than you ever expected. I was apprehensive at first when I tried this one out, but it turns out that it can make you look like an experienced chef, without any training. Give it a go and let us know what you thought of it in the comments!
Yield- 2 Servings
- ¼ cup pesto sauce (buy pre-made)
- 5 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- Desired amount of pasta
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: fresh parmesan
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces, lightly season with salt and pepper
- Cook chicken in pan with oil. Begin boiling pasta according to package directions.
- Remove cooked chicken from pan, set aside. In the same pan, melt down cream cheese. Stir constantly.
- Stir in chicken broth, pesto and desired amount of salt. Mix for 2-3 minutes or until thick.
- Combine pasta, sauce and chicken in a bowl. Mix well and enjoy!
Can’t get enough of our recipes? Subscribe Today!