“I want to eat healthy, but I never have the time!” Enough already. I’ve heard it before and I’ve said it myself. The truth is that this is nothing more than a cop out. It’s not that you’re lazy, it’s not that you don’t care. You just haven’t had the inspiration yet. Having a plan for fresh produce makes it a lot easier to justify buying it at the grocery store.
Enter this simple crispy broccoli recipe that I found on a billboard of Chicago train station. No joke. Turns out, the recipe is shockingly easy, with no complicated ingredients or difficult directions. Use it as a side with a simple chicken dish or eat it on its own. Either way, you’ll be happy you made it.
- Broccoli, on the stem
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400°F, wrap baking tray in aluminum foil for easy clean-up.
- Wash broccoli, break apart into individual pieces, as pictured above. Pile up on tray.
- Drizzle enough olive oil over the mountain of broccoli. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread broccoli out on tray so that no pieces touch. If they’re touching, they won’t crisp up.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crispy. Add salt to taste.
What are you going to pair your crispy broccoli with? Let us know in the comments, we just might share it others.