I am a huge cheese and Italian food fan. For me, the best meals include caprese salads or sandwiches. Caprese makes for a quick, delicious snack, or a full-on meal as I’ve been having it lately. This only requires a couple of ingredients and can be prepared in a so many ways, I’m sure it will have most of your senses craving for more!
- 1 tomato, sliced into 1/2″ slices
- 4 ounces of BelGioso fresh mozzarella, sliced into 1/4″ slices
- Balsamic vinegar, about 3-5 tbsp according to taste
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- Arrange tomato slices onto a plate, top each with a slice of cheese.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar over the cheese and tomatoes (the vinegar will soak into the tomatoes and cheese, leaving behind a wonderful smell).
- Sprinkle italian seasoning over the mixture.
- Get a fork and knife and dig in!
(DDF Tip: Don’t have any italian seasoning? Salt and easy pepper to taste, my friends. Want to take it to the next level? Top with a basil leaf.)