Frozen pizzas, pizza squares, BBQ chicken pizza… You name it, we eat it. Today, I bring you a fresh twist on traditional pizza. An easy pesto pizza recipe is just what you need to spice up your meals with new ingredients and a nice caprese flair.
I tend to cook a lot with pesto, so pesto pizza is a simple extension of ingredients I already have in the house. For an added bonus, you can make the pizza personal size to avoid making too much food. Just buy the smaller sized crusts from the store. One pesto pizza is usually plenty to keep you full (if you can keep your roommate from mooching).
If you have any awesome pizza hacks to share, let me know in the comments. I’m always looking for new recipes.
- Pesto Sauce, store-bought
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Shredded Mozzarella
- Pizza Crust, store-bought
- Preheat oven according to package directions.
- Spread pesto out on crust using the bottom of spoon. Leave about ½ an inch around the edge for the crust.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese across the pesto.
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half, distribute evenly across the pizza.
- Bake the pizza according to package directions or until pizza is warmed and crust is golden brown. Typically 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool slightly before cutting, eating, and getting on with the rest of your crazy day.
(DDF Tip: Bake your pizza directly on the oven rack for a crunchier crust!)