Who doesn’t love McDonald’s Breakfast? I am a firm believer that they should serve breakfast 24/7. Regardless, it’s actually really easy to have a great egg sandwich at home with some basic ingredients. If you can remember to pick up some english muffins, you’ll really like homemade Egg McMuffins for mornings when you don’t have too long to make a filling breakfast.
- 2-3 slices of deli turkey (or ham)
- 1 large egg
- 1 slice of cheese
- 1 English Muffin
- Spray your skillet with non stick cooking spray.
- Heat turkey in a pan over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. If you use a larger frying pan, you heat the turkey and cook the egg at the same time.
- Scramble egg in frying pan. Try to keep it in a circular shape.
- Meanwhile, toast english muffin.
- Place turkey, egg and cheese onto the bottom half of the toasted english muffin. Top with other half of muffin.
DDF Tip- If you have a circular cookie cutter, spray with cooking spray and pour egg into it to get a perfect circular egg just like McDonald’s does it.