I normally eat my carrots raw and dipped in hummus or guacamole. Unfortunately, I was recently out of both and had to improvise! What I came up with is delicious; roasted carrots that are drizzled in honey to bring out their natural sweetness, and then topped with cinnamon as soon as they come out of the oven. These are a great for snacking and would also make a great side dish if made in a larger quantity.
- 2 large carrots, cut into fourths (or about 10-12 baby carrots)
- 1.5 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Honey, to taste
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- On a cookie sheet covered with aluminum foil (important or else you’ll have a mess to clean up), lay out carrots and cover with olive oil, mix.
- Spread carrots into single layer and drizzle with honey.
- Roast in oven for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with a nice sprinkle of cinnamon.
I’m thinking of making these for Thanksgiving! They’d be a great compliment to a nice turkey dinner, don’t you agree?