Gettin’ a little saucy this holiday season? Stay warm and get into the holiday spirit with this college friendly drink. If you’re the type who likes to cook, then jello shots are probably little too easy for ya. Take your fall break to the next level and crank the christmas music– let’s get rowdy. Can be made as a “virgin” for the under 21 crowd.
Ingredients (Makes about 20 drinks)
- 1 lb. Powdered Sugar
- 1 lb. Brown Sugar
- 1/2 lb. Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 lb. Salted Butter
- 1 quart Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 tbs. Cinnamon
- 1 tbs. Nutmeg
- Whipped Cream (Optional)
- Silver/Spiced Rum (Drink Responsibly)
- In a bowl, beat together powdered sugar, brown sugar, and both butters (the softer the better) thoroughly.
- Add (fold if you can) in cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla ice cream.
- Store in freezer unless you are ready to serve…
- Fill a coffee mug 3/4 of the way with steaming hot water (microwave it to boil, or boil a whole pot of water if it makes it easier for you)
- Take a big ‘ol spoonful of the mix from the before and add it into the coffee mug.
- Add a shot of spiced rum, or leave it out for those who aren’t drinking. It will still taste great!
- Mix and garnish with nutmeg (optional).
(DDF Tip- Garnish with whipped cream and don’t forget the cookies!)
Sign up for College Fed’s Free Newsletter and get instant and sometimes EARLY notification of new recipes! Subscribe Today!