If you’re looking for something warm and hearty that won’t break the bank, we’ve definitely got the meal for you. This classic Italian dish features sausage, peppers and onions and is both filling and flavorful. Not to mention, this is about as easy as it gets for a satisfying evening meal.
Feel free to use either mild or spicy sausages for this recipe, depending on your preference. Enjoy Italian sausage and peppers and let us know which type you chose in the in the comments!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 Italian sausages
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 jar tomato sauce
- Cut Italian sausages into 3-4 pieces.
- Cut onions and peppers into proportionate sizes. (DDF Tip: If your vegetables are too big, they won’t soften. If your vegetables are too small, they’ll become mushy.)
- Lightly coat a medium-sized pot with cooking oil and bring to medium heat.
- Cook Italian sausages in pot for 7-10 minutes, stirring as needed.
- Once the meat is cooked, combine vegetables in the pot with Italian sausages.
- Add 3/4 jar of tomato sauce and bring the pot to boil.
- Reduce to medium heat and let cook for an additional 10 minutes, stirring as needed.