Ever since my girlfriend became a teacher, she’s preached from the alter of meal prepping. Laughed in the faces of turkey & cheese sandwiches. Scolded ferociously at my surprisingly routine bagged lunch. She found mason jar salads like any female millennial: on Pinterest. In time, the recipes blurred and a knack for building beautiful mason jar salads emerged, resulting in the kale and mixed fruit mason jar salad recipe you have before you today.
She preps five of these salads on Sundays, and they stay fresh through Friday. I may not be sold on the concept of a mason jar salad, but the amount of time this style saves you can’t be wrong. Oh, and it’s pretty healthy.
- Dressing of Choice (Ranch or Balsamic recommended)
- Orange Pepper
- Red Pepper
- Fuji Apple
- Pomegranate Seeds
- Parmesan Cheese
- Sunflower Seeds
- Chop all ingredients into bite sized pieces, do not mix.
- In your mason jar, layer ingredients with the wettest ones on the bottom, starting with dressing. Our ingredient list starts at the bottom of the jar. Place dressing on the bottom and work your way up to sunflower seeds on the top.
- The order is important! Keeping the wettest ingredients on the bottom ensures that the salad will stay fresh over time, avoiding sogginess.
- Refrigerate and enjoy all week long.