Today I have a tasty submission from The Christopher Creek Spice Company, www.CabinChili.com. Upon my first look at the picture of their submission, The Leaning Tower of Pita, I was concerned that this would be too difficult for a college meal on a budget, but after examining the recipe I couldn’t imagine a more perfect recipe. While many of our time crunched users may simplify the chicken cooking a bit, all readers will be able to reap the benefits of such a tasty meal. The best part is that the ingredients are very general, meaning you can get many meals out of leftover ingredients! All of The Christopher Creek Spice Company‘s recipes, spices, rubs, and seasonings can be found, ordered,and read at their website, www.CabinChili.com. I would definitly check out their website.
The guys over at Christopher definitely know what they’re talking about, as they told us, “Our Cabin Chili recipe has been in the family for over 30 years and it got me through college… fast easy and delicious. All the other products are blends I came up with when I was in college.”- Jeremy, Christopher Creek Spice Co. Enjoy and thanks to Christopher Creek for sharing!
Directions and Ingredients taken directly from www.CabinChili.com, sourced below. Ingredients can be substituted or replaced at your discretion.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 2 pounds Chicken Tenders
- Christoper Creek Fowl Rub
- 4-8 Whole Wheat Pita Bread
- Roma Tomatoes
- Thinly sliced Red Onion
- Thinly sliced Cucumber
- Thinly sliced
- Feta Cheese
- Canola Oil
- Hummus (optional)
- Greek Dressing (optional)
- Lightly rub each chicken tender with canola oil and liberally season with Fowl Rub.
- Cover the chicken tenders with plastic wrap and keep in refrigerator for 20 minutes to 1 hour.
- Prepare grill for direct high cooking, which is when the heat source is directly under the cooking area where the chicken tenders will cook.
- Place the chicken tenders on the grill over direct high heat and cook with the grill lid off until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees…about 5-10 minutes.
- Let the chicken tenders rest for 5 minutes after grilling.
- Start the construction with a piece of pita bread and spread on some hummus. Next layer the lettuce, chicken, tomato, cucumber, onion and feta cheese.
- Top off the pita with a little dressing and do not let this one fall over…Enjoy!