This Sunday, football fans and non-fans alike will gather around their flat screens to watch the Patriots and the Giants duke it out at the Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, armed with nothing but an endless array of appetizers and cold beer to watch the spectacle that is The Super Bowl. My mouth is watering just thinking about the spread of dips, numerous finger foods, and, most importantly, that delectable buffalo chicken flavor. We here at dumbeddownfood.com would be remise if we didn’t provide you with the recipe to one of our favorite Superbowl dishes, mini buffalo chicken balls. Use this recipe via the Huffington Post’s Kitchen Daily for your party and watch your guests’ minds melt as the taste of your latest creation sends them into taste bud heaven!
Ingredients (Yield- 40 balls)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup your favorite hot sauce
- 1 pound ground chicken, preferably thigh meat (cooked)
- 1 large large egg
- 1/2 celery stalk, minced
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Ranch for dipping
- Preheat your oven to 450°F. Pour vegetable oil into a 9×13-inch baking dish, spread to evenly coat the entire surface. Put this guy on hold, we’ll come back to him.
- Whisk the butter and hot sauce completely together then cook over low heat. Once combined, remove from heat and allow your mixture to cool down for 10 minutes.
- Combine the hot sauce mixture, ground chicken, egg, celery, bread crumbs, and salt in a large mixing bowl and mix by hand (Yes!) until very well blended.
- Roll the mixture into firmly packed, round, 3/4 -inch balls. Place the balls in the baking dish from before, being careful to line them up tightly to form a grid. Don’t be afraid to let them touch.
- Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the meatballs are firm and cooked through. If you happen to have a meat thermometer, cook until it reads 165F.
- Allow the meatballs to cool for 5 minutes in the baking dish before serving. Don’t forget your ranch!
Here’s to all the appetizers you can shove down your throat this Super Bowl Sunday! Enjoy the recipe!