Chicken parmesan is one of the most common and loved Italian dishes today. Unfortunately, it’s not the easiest of foods to make – it can be timely and many times you’ll wind up with a sink full of dishes afterwards. Here we’ll give you the trick to a healthier, easier, cleaner and equally delicious chicken parmesan recipe done in the oven of your kitchen. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1/2 jar of pasta sauce
- 2 thin slices of mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse chicken breast under cold water and leave wet.
- Fill a bowl with 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs and cover chicken completely. (This is similar to what is done in our parmesan crusted tilapia recipe, but the eggs aren’t necessary).
- Put chicken on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and cover completely with pasta sauce. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Add additional pasta sauce and cover the top of your oven baked chicken parmesan with two slices of mozzarella cheese.
- Turn off the bake feature on your oven and broil your chicken for additional 3-5 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown. Garnish with oregano and enjoy.