Are you looking for an added tasty crunch to your fish without the calories and effort of an actual fish fry? Well, you’re in luck—this parmesan crusted tilapia delivers added crispiness and great flavor without the trouble of using oil and a fryer. All you need is a couple added ingredients to turn your average baked piece of fish into a crusted masterpiece. Enjoy this parmesan crusted tilapia recipe tonight!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 tilapia fillets
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 container grated parmesan
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine breadcrumbs with a proportionate amount of grated parmesan into a medium sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl, crack and scramble two eggs.
- Dip top and bottom sides of tilapia filets in scrambled egg mixture. This will act as the ‘glue’ that holds the crust to the fish.
- Immediately dip both sides of the fillet in the breadcrumb and parmesan mixture and place on a baking sheet. Repeat these steps for a second fillet if desired.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes and enjoy!
DDF Tip: This may sound surprising, but trust us on this one: Feel free to dip your parmesan crusted tilapia in your favorite barbecue sauce for some extra flavor or spice.