I’m kind of a picky banana eater. I don’t like them green and firm, nor do I like them when they have been yellow for too long. This leaves me a four day window to eat them, so I always find myself with one or two overripe bananas lying around the kitchen. Solution? Bake some cookies.
(makes 1 dozen cookies)
- 2 overripe bananas
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 5 Dove dark chocolates, chopped (or about 1/4 cup of chocolate chips)
- Mash bananas together with oats and flour in a large bowl
- Add in peanut butter and chocolate
- Using a spoon, scoop the batter onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake at 350°F for 13 minutes
- Let cool for at least 5 minutes
As far as cookies go, these are healthy so eat them up!