Crêpes are a terrific addition to any meal. This recipe is quick and easy, and will shake up your typical breakfast or dessert routine. You are sure to impress your guests, friends, or family with your skills when constructing the perfect crepe. It’s hard to disappoint when guests can add anything they can imagine! Try berries and powdered sugar for breakfast or ice cream and chocolate syrup for dessert for easy crêpes today.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- Splash of water
- 1/2 tablespoon of butter (to grease pan)
- Mix flour, sugar and salt together.
- Add milk, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Stir all ingredients with a large whisk, until smooth.
- Grab a pan with a large flat surface (skillet or frying pan is easiest).
- Heat pan and add butter. Let butter melt.
- Pour batter on to the middle of the pan, around a quarter of the size of the pan.
- Lift pan and move in a circular motion to spread batter throughout the pan, making a thin layer of batter.
- Let sit for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Flip crepe gently with a flat spatula.
- Let sit for 30 seconds to 1 minute and transfer crepe to a plate.
- Continue until batter is finished (about 10 minutes).
Lastly, add the toppings of your choice and you’ve got easy crêpes! Pictured is strawberries and hazelnut spread (Nutella), a delicious combination.