For a long time now, drinking and college life have gone hand in hand. For students on a budget, making unique drinks can be a challenge. Often, we revert to our usual “go-to” drinks for a big night out. For many, that’s the crowd favorite, Rum and Coke. Now don’t get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with Rum and Coke (provided you choose the right rum), but with one simple addition you can spice up your pre-game selection and earn the well-deserved praise of your friends. Go ahead, take the credit.
(Yes, this is made exactly you would think it is. Here is our recipe anyway.)
- Coke (…or root beer if you want to get fancy)
- Ice Cream (Vanilla is recommended)
- Go ahead and pour yourself a Rum and Coke just like always- about 1 part Rum to 3-4 parts Coke depending on how strong you like it.
- Fill the cup about 3/4 of the way up or less.
- Now scoop in enough ice cream to fill the cup to a solid height.
- Drink Up.
Sign up for College Fed’s Free Newsletter and get instant and sometimes EARLY notification of new recipes! Subscribe Today!