Today, many people feel that college dining is unhealthy and unexciting—this recipe challenges both of those ideas. With not much to worry about except the butter, you can enjoy this veggie-loaded, lean-protein packed scampi recipe, guilt free!
You’re more likely to find shrimp scampi on a restaurant menu rather than in the kitchen, but in reality this meal is very manageable to make yourself. Let us know what you think of it in the comments!
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1/2 box spaghetti/linguini
- Assorted vegetables (onions, broccoli, carrots, etc.)
- 1 lemon
- Minced garlic
- Olive oil
- 4 tbs butter
- Bring a medium sized pot of water to boil.
- De-vein shrimp. Wash and remove tails.
- Add 3 tbs olive oil to pan, set to medium heat and add vegetables.
- Cover and steam for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate pan, set to medium heat, melt 4 tbs butter and add 2-4 spoonfuls of minced garlic.
- Add shrimp to butter and garlic scampi sauce.
- Cut lemon in half, squeeze one half into scampi sauce.
- Cook shrimp for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once boiling, cook pasta until done, then strain.
- Add steamed vegetables to shrimp and scampi sauce mixture. Stir to distribute scampi sauce.
- In a pot, combine pasta with shrimp, vegetables, and sauce. Stir to distribute scampi sauce.
- Serve hot and squeeze extra lemon above to preference.
Enjoy your shrimp scampi with veggies and pasta. Now, back to class.