Between hot dogs and potatoes, it’s hard to find cheeper ingredients that fill you up and taste good at the same time. For this hot dog and potato skillet recipe, you’re essentially combining all of these ingredients into a skillet of awesomeness that your roommates will drool over. This shouldn’t take you more than about twenty minutes to make, depending on how thick you cut the potatoes. Give it a try and let us know how you hacked it in the comments!
- 3 hot dogs
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic (We always recommend squeezable garlic)
- 2 large potatoes
- Shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice hot dogs and potatoes. Make sure the potatoes are reasonably small so that they’ll cook quickly.
- In a frying pan, sauté hot dogs, onions, potatoes and garlic with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Garlic salt may be substituted for actual garlic.
- Turn potatoes occasionally, cook until cooked through and browned.
- Once the potatoes are browned, toss on as much cheese as your heart desires. Cover with lid to melt cheese.
- Serve in a bowl.
(DDF Tip- Never be afraid to add different veggies! Green peppers? Mushrooms? Let us know what you added below.)