There’s not much to add here – everyone loves tacos, so here’s a healthy and simple shrimp tacos recipe to get your Mexican food fix in. Enjoy these guilt-free and simple shrimp tacos tonight, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 6 peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 package corn or flour tortillas
- 1 package shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 can of corn
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Optional: Tomatoes and/or salsa
DDF Tip: Hit up your local grocery store’s salad bar if you’re feeling especially lazy or tired after a day of work and don’t want to bother with cutting vegetables. You’ll probably need to head to the store anyway for your shrimp, cheese and tortillas.
- Dice the onion, lettuce and tomatoes on a cutting board.
- Add one tablespoon of olive oil to a pan and bring to medium heat.
- Add shrimp to the pan and cook for 6-8 minutes, flipping occasionally.
- Once the shrimp is cooked, microwave 3 corn or flour tortillas for 20 seconds.
- Remove, add 2 shrimp per tortilla and top the shrimp with corn, lettuce and onions.
- Squeeze with lemon, serve on a plate and enjoy alone or with rice. Feel free to add hot sauce – we prefer Cholula.