I’m sure you’ve heard about the power and magic of quinoa at some point. Now, on its own, I’ll admit it is not an appetizing grain to eat. The good news? You can mix literally anything into it and come out with a filling meal. When I discovered it, I was looking for a dish that was spicy, creamy, and protein packed. With this recipe, you’ll find all that and more! How do you enjoy quinoa? Let me know in the comments.
- 2/3 cup quinoa
- 1 avocado
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- As much siracha as you can handle!
- Boil your quinoa in two cups of water. Once it boils, let it simmer until the quinoa soaks up all the water and expands. (Should take about 10-12 minutes all together)
- Meanwhile, cut the avocado into little pieces.
- Combine quinoa, avocado, olive oil and lemon juice. Mix.
- Slather on as much siracha as you can handle and mix that in there. I tend to use about a tablespoon or so.
And there you have it! An insanely simple, nutritious lunch that will fill you right up. Enjoy!