Super Bowl might just be my favorite holiday of the year. I could care less about the games. For me, it’s all about the snacks. On my dream Super Bowl appetizer table, you’ll find a hearty platter of nachos sandwiched somewhere between the buffalo chicken balls and M&M bowl. Nachos can be as basic or loaded as you want them to be. Start off with this simple nachos recipe from Kraft and then load it up with toppings of your choice. Enjoy your feast (oh, and the game or whatever).
- 1 bag tortilla chips (10 oz.)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 can chili (15 oz.)
- 1 tomato, diced
- ½ cup sliced jalapeño peppers
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- ½ cup of sour cream
- ½ cup of guacamole
- 1 bunch of green onions, finely sliced
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- Heat chili in a medium sauce pan, stirring occasionally.
- Arrange chips on a large platter.
- Sprinkle cheese in nachos and heat in oven or microwave until cheese is melted.
- Spoon chili over chips.
- Top nachos with remaining ingredients.
College Fed Recipe Tips:
This recipe can be adjusted to fit the tastes and dietary restrictions of your guests.
- Try substituting your favorite can of chili with your own chili recipe. You can also substitute the chili with ingredients such as shredded chicken (1 lb) or shredded beef (1 lb).
- For your guests with dietary restrictions, try replacing chili with vegetarian refried beans (16 oz.).
- For a Southern twist, top nachos with barbecue chicken and barbecue sauce. You can also a splash of your favorite hot sauce for an extra kick.
- If you’re looking for an alternative to tortilla chips, make your own oven-baked potato chips and pile on these toppings.
Think you have the best nachos recipe? What are some of your favorite toppings? Let us know how your nachos recipe stacks up.
Recipe Contributed By Lana Evans of UpwardOnward.com