Trying to eat a bit healthier this year? That resolution isn’t going to fulfill itself, and that’s why we dug up this super easy recipe for your taste buds. This “mom-approved” healthy meal is more than open to alterations, and a great source of protein for the rest of your day. Double the recipe for leftovers or share some with your roommates (haha, yeah right)! Watch and learn with our first video recipe above (music by DJ Change) then get over to the kitchen to try this one yourself!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces (Or buy pre-cooked and diced for a quicker meal)
- 3/4 clove garlic (We recommend using more if you can handle the garlic)
- 2-1/2 teaspoons lime juice (Sold in stores)
- 3 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional but encouraged)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: Rice to serve with chicken (any takers?)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Fry chicken pieces in the hot oil until white on all sides.
- Add the garlic, and continue to cook until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
- Stir in the cilantro and lime juice, then season with salt and pepper.
- Cook just until heated through.
(DDF Tip- Mix in with rice for a bigger meal!)